Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Romans 15:13

As I was looking for a verse to post along with my website I began searching for verses to coordinate with "photography".  A few words I began with were:  Photography (of course that wasn't there!), Smile, and then I thought... what about "JOY"!! ... of course I hit the jackpot!!  This verse has now become one of my new favorites:  Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with ALL joy and peace AS you trust in HIM, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (emphasis is mine) ... I'm sure that I have read this verse before, because I have studied the Book of Romans in the past, but it was as if I read this verse for the very first time. (Don't you love it when God reveals His Word like that!) To be filled with "All" joy & peace "As" I trust in Him ... 

I chose to "Hide" this piece of God's Word in my heart and commit it to memory, and so I wrote it down on an index card and I have been carrying it around with me for days.  That is how I personally memorize & meditate on scripture.  I write it down on an index card and carry it everywhere I go... I look at it while I am putting on my make-up, fixing my hair, and it is actually sitting right beside me now.  I "practice" saying the verse over & over.  I put it in my car, practice it at red lights and when I'm waiting for appointments... You get the idea!  It's neat too, when I first read this verse it reminded me of another verse about "Hope"... in Romans 5:5 this verse tell us that "Hope does not disappoint us..." Earlier in the week I expanded my study to include Romans 5:5 also.  That is all part of my meditating on a particular scripture.

Much is going on in the lives of close friends this week, my prayer is that they too may be encouraged by verses such as these.

Blessings and Smiles Ahead,
Tina :) ...
http://www.tinawrightphotography.com/



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States