Monday, May 24, 2010

Olivet's Alabama Moments Captured...



Today, Olivet's lead-off batter, a Senior named Marisa Baker came up and hit a home run in the bottom of the 1st inning! 

However, it was going to take more than Marisa's homerun to take Olivet to the Final NAIA Championship Game on Wednesday.  It ended up being a very tough loss today with the final score being 10-1.  California Baptist just seemed to be unstoppable.  That meant for me, I had to say "Goodbye" to my new friends, that I was just getting to know.  My heart was sad for them, I could see that their spirits were naturally crushed over their loss.  And trust me, I have taken pictures of Wins and Losses and yes, they both have to be journaled, but we all know it's much more fun to be on the "winning end".  It's these times that we have to look UP and go, "O.K. God... What are You gonna teach me on this not so fun side...?"

As for me, Mrs. "Freelance Sports Photographer" for the weekend plus... What an awesome blessing it has been!  I have taken probably 800 pictures in the course of these two games.  I'm trying to get them edited & posted.  You can already view about 138 of them on the tab labeled "Sports & Events Proofing" located on my website (http://www.tinawrightphotography.com/) Because I had "credentials" I got to actually go on the field and take pictures!  (I'm waiting on those same "credentials" to get on Alabama's Field!  and onto Turner Field!!)  I also know that one of my pictures ran today in The Daily Journal and I will hopefully have another one run in tomorrow's paper!  It was hard this morning knowing that I couldn't zippity-do-da down to the store to pick up a copy & check it out!  I will have to wait until they send me one.  :) ...  But I am excited just knowing that I had my first Sports Shot published!  

Thanks for following along on my journey these past few days!  Not to worry... by Faith I am expecting this to be the first of many more!  Thank you Jesus for taking me on this one!  and Thanks Olivet Nazarene University, you're an awesome group of young women & coaching staff, a pleasure to work with! It's been fun!! :) ... 

Stopping Moments in Time,
Tina :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States