Friday, May 21, 2010

Freelance Sports Photographer... :) ...

Today I am excited to get to share with you my new title ... "Freelance Sports Photographer" and my how I love the sound of that!!  :)...  For those of you that know me, you know that I have been a Sports Photographer for YEARS!  (Thinking back, I started taking sports pictures when my "little" brother played PeeWee Football & Little League Baseball!)

Starting today I have the awesome opportunity of working for/with a Newspaper out of Kankakee, IL ~ The Daily Journal ~ and I will be following Olivet Nazarene University's Women's Softball Team as they play in the 30th Annual NAIA Softball National Championship Tournament, that is being held in our own Decatur, Alabama!!  There are teams from all across the United States playing in this tournament that began yesterday with 32 teams in pool play.  By tomorrow night the teams will be narrowed down to 8, and will then be double elimination being taken into the Championship game on Wednesday, May 26th!! 

My job will be to take pictures and send them in to The Daily Journal to run in their newspaper.  I was told that I only have to send 2-3 images, which will be the hardest part for me! and so... I have added a new link to my website to house a gallery of the images that I will be taking... :) ...  Just in case the team may be interested in the photos as well.  I have a piece of "Flair" on my FaceBook that says... "Why take one picture when you can take four!" ... Sorry... that's just what I do!  I can't help myself!! :) ...  and if you're interested, you can view them there as well!

I am also posting links to The Daily Journal and to Olivet Nazarene University, so that you can check them out too! 

http://www.olivet.edu/athletics/softball.aspx
http://www.daily-journal.com/archives/dj/display.php?id=456927

Pictures are sure to follow.... as I "Stop moments in time" for ONU as they go on to WIN the NAIA Softball National Championship!!  Go Tigers!!! :) ...

Tina :) ...
http://www.tinawrightphotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States