Wednesday, June 22, 2011

~BRAVES Pilgrimage!~ ...



I call it our "BRAVES Pilgrimage" because this is a trip that we look forward to going to once a year!  I looked up the definition of "pilgrimage" and one online dictionary described it basically as:  a journey made for sentimental reasons ... I rather liked the way that was put!  We LOVE the BRAVES!  We LOVE BASEBALL! Two GREAT reasons to make a "pilgrimage" to Atlanta once a year!! :) ... We have been making this scheduled trip for probably the past 10 years or maybe more, and have only missed a few years in between when our own Baseball schedules kept us from fitting it in! ...  In recent years, Austin will usually try and pick a game on two consecutive days where two different teams are in town.  This way we can see two different teams play!  His picks this year were the Texas Rangers (which just so happened to be on Father's Day!) and the Toronto Blue Jays (on Monday). 

We are also very fortunate to have family in the Atlanta area!! (although they moved just slightly farther away within the past year) ... Thanks Cara Leigh & Jeff for your hospitality!! It's always an extra treat to get to spend time with you two FOUR (Including Bama & Bear)!!  We only wished you could have caught at least one of the games with us this year!! :) ... We loved getting to be at your new home this year with you! (and it hopefully won't take us a year to get back there again!!) ... :) ...

We were also without "our" Alex... it's been awhile since he has been able to take off to make the trip! (hoping next time!) That means the team consisted of the four of US!! and we had the BEST time STILL!! ...



Eating at the Chop House and taking pictures on the upper level at Turner Field with the Beautiful Atlanta Skyline in the background! ...



Another highlight was getting to see Craig Kimbrel pitch both nights!  Austin played with his brother Alan on Buckhorn's team, so it's fun having a personal attachment!  Alan is also a pitcher and it was neat seeing how Alan stands a lot like his brother!  They also look so MUCH alike! We even know their parents and have sat at Buckhorn's ballfield listening to Sandy talk about Craig and the Braves!  I was SO excited to get to capture some images of Craig pitching!! It was also fun watching "our own"  Huntsville Native interact with his Braves Teammates!  I love watching the expressions of these guys faces!! Too much fun for me!! :) ...

(We usually arrive early enough for batting practice!  This is "Outfield Action") ...


(Sunday Afternoon Game against the Rangers)

(Monday Night's Game against the Blue Jays)
We had outfield seats so we always get to see the pitchers heading to the bull pen! I can usually catch some pretty good shots that way ...








(Sunday Afternoon Game against the Rangers~end of Game I captured the toss into the stands!)
 I love to shoot sports!  I love to shoot PEOPLE!  When I pick up my camera, and God allows me to see and watch through the lense, something incredible takes place and I can't explain it!!  I only know that I am thankful, and so excited to get to do it!!  WOW GOD!!  Thank YOU for another FUN TIME Behind the LENSE!! 

Stopping the Atlanta BRAVES Moments in Time and Capturing New Memories for my Family!
Tina :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States