Monday, April 11, 2011

~Boz Scaggs at the Ryman-Nashville! ~


I must say when Craig and I told friends that we were going to see Boz Scaggs in Nashville and they looked at us very puzzled as to be saying "WHO?" ... we were surprised and disappointed! ... What do you mean "WHO?!" ... We LOVED this guy in the 70's even danced to him at many a high school dance!! :) ... He was and still is one of our ALL TIME FAVORITES!!  He has a jazz sound, so easy to listen to.  On many a road trip and in the car, we still pop in his CD! ... So... when I got the email that he was coming to Nashville, and it was at the Ryman Auditorium! ... well... I simply couldn't resist!! 

The Ryman Auditorium is a well known venue in the heart of downtown Nashville, and was the former home of The Grand Ole Opry from 1943-1974.  My oldest son Alex has seen several concerts here, and I knew to call him for seat information which I did immediately!  He told me to pick the Balcony seats and that basically "there aren't any bad seats at the Ryman!"


Boz Scaggs... at the age of 66 years old (I really couldn't believe he was 66!) ... and he's still got it!! ... his voice came out exactly the same! ... With songs that he made popular like:  Lido Shuffle, Miss Sun, Jo Jo, Harbor Lights, We're All Alone and More ... In the beautiful old Ryman Auditorium we enjoyed an evening of reminicing, and of course I took about 200 pictures!
 






He came out for not one curtain call... but two!! ... what a guy! A real crowd pleaser.  We had originally planned to spend the night in Nashville and make a weekend out of it, but thanks to my broken ankle and baseball area games on Saturday our plans were rearranged.  In spite of even those "Minor" inconveniences I had a really great time and thought it was worth it for sure!  I would do it again! ...

Thanks Boz for some new Memories Captured and new Moments ... Stopped in Time! 

Tina :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States