Wednesday, March 2, 2011

~The Circus is in Town!!~ WHOO...HOO...!!


And I have been waiting to catch this train for YEARS!! ... I LOVE the Circus and EVERYTHING about it!  and I have wanted to take pictures of the arrival of the wonderful circus train for years!  I only barely missed it last year... Even my Mom, always "on a mission" (a story for later!) was desperate to help me this year!  She saw a couple of weeks ago where it was coming to Huntsville again, she lives in the Shoals area (by the way), and let me know to "be on the lookout!"  I put it on my calendar, made phone calls, and got all of my information in order by Monday morning!  My Mom (she's so wonderful, another "by the way", and still loves to see her children happy), called me first thing yesterday morning to make sure that I knew the time!  You see, she had seen it on the news the night before!!  :) ... 

I understood that the train was supposed to "Arrive" at 10:30 a.m. at Huntsville Depot so... I arrived promptly at around 9:20 a.m. so that I wouldn't miss a thing! ... When I arrived there were a few people mingling around, AND Ringling Brothers Trains quietly sitting already on the tracks, as if sleeping away ... I was surprised, but not panicked ... I entered the Depot with a smile and a few novice questions ... which were answered by some very kind people.      
 

I was told that the trains arrive during the night and that they were "Unloaded" at 10:30... Not a problem for me, I can find plenty to occupy my time while I wait... which of course I did!  My goal on this particular morning:  "Take Pictures! and lots of them!!" ... :) ... Taking pictures is a "need" and a "deep passion" of mine...

These were the first couple of gentlemen that I met... and were kind enough to allow me to take their pictures!  Circus employees they were! and I was told:  "as long as these photos didn't end up in the Post Office!" ... :) ...


Full of character they were! ... and I enjoyed hanging around... until our friends from Huntsville's Police Department drove by and decided I had worn out my welcome ... Oh well... I just gave them a "Thank You" and a "Thumbs Up" as they waved me to move along!! ... :) ... (I know... I push limits only slightly at times, but I wasn't hurting anyone, and probably would have been fine if that other family hadn't followed me over there! ... I think they may have had a little one with them and I was on my own!) ... :) ... But I captured some neat shots along my way ...
All in all a spectacular morning!  Thank you again Jesus for how you give us these special days... I loved watching the people and capturing the shots!


Shots like this one... of course my thought was "I guess he decided to run away and join the circus!!" ... I would sure like to hang out with them for a day or two and journal a day of pictures!!  How much fun would that be!? ... :) ...

Today's pictures the "Circus Train" ... Next Stop hopefully will be "The Circus" itself!! ... For ticket information in our area click Huntsville VBC.  Capturing Memories and Stopping Moments in Time...

Tina :) ...

1 comment:

  1. love these! i was wanting to shoot this! i missed it last year and this year too..maybe next year. I love the cigar pics lol

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States