Thursday, November 11, 2010

~Reflections Past and Present~

Reflections Past and Reflections Present ... starting from 1978 ... and jumping to 2010!

The picture on the top was taken Craig's Senior Year "1978" and the picture on the bottom was taken this past August, 2010!  ... :) ...  and I took them both! LOL! ...  I could remember the top picture well, and I even described to Craig the jacket that he was wearing, although I couldn't remember the exact pose.  He was swearing to me that I was making it up!  But... at my 30 Year Reunion this past August, I coaxed Craig into letting me try & recreate the shot (obviously the best that I could remember it!) right there in the halls of Sheffield High School! Too Much Fun for me!! (Craig... ??? not so much...) ... :) ... I love this man!  He consistently lets me "play" and do what I do, knowing I have this crazy idea in my head, and he knows it's going to make me smile, even though he thinks it's gonna cost him some possible embarrassment.  I didn't care which row of lockers, I just knew it had to be in front of some lockers!  So... we made our way upstairs (avoiding some of the teachers who were working on their classrooms getting ready for the new year... and avoiding some of my classmates who were still hanging around!).  Craig, Thank You for being such a great sport!  I loved being able to combine my new shot with my old one!

Why am I just now posting these you ask???... Well... I only last night found my "1978" picture!  I knew that it existed, but I haven't been able to put my hands on it!!  Craig and I started dating when he was a Senior and I was a Sophomore.  We were involved in club activities at school, and my guess is that I took this picture after one of our meetings.  (Like I mentioned before... it wasn't unusual for me to carry a camera around with me!!) I finally found this picture tucked away when I was searching for these ...  :) ...



With today being Veterans Day I wanted to post a picture of my special Veteran as my profile picture on FaceBook.  Craig served in the Persian Gulf War on the U.S.S. John F. Kennedy.  He spent six years in the United States Navy and three of those years we spent in London, England as a family.  It was truly an incredible experience and many God Stories in the middle of it all! :) ...  I am very proud of my husband!  A 1978 graduate of Sheffield High School, a 1983 graduate of The University of North Alabama, a part of The United States Navy, Veteran of the Persian Gulf War, a God Fearing Man, Loves Jesus with all his heart, Loving Husband and Loving Father!

Thank you to my precious husband, for who you are and for serving our country! and... Thank you to all of our Veterans past and present for helping to provide for us the opportunity to live in this great land we call The United States of America ...

Capturing Memories ... Past and Present... 
Tina :) ...
Tina Wright Photography
www.tinawrightphotography.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States