Monday, November 29, 2010

~Common Grounds Cafe~

Tucked away inside the Brewer Library on the Decatur Campus of Calhoun Community College is a hidden treasure called the "Common Grounds Cafe"
If you haven't had a chance to visit the "Common Grounds Cafe" this is your personal invitation...it is the next best thing to Starbucks! Actually I am going to go a step further and say it's better than Starbucks because their menu has more variety overall than Starbucks does!


Helen Dunn is the Owner as well as the Manager! :)... She does an awesome job of keeping the place in tip top shape! Her smile is one of the first that you will see! :) ...  I had only been there just a few minutes when I could tell she already knew her regular customers, and knew them by name!  




Heather Berry and Jerica Johnson work along with Helen...











Their menu includes Coffee~ Lattes~ Mochas~Smoothies~ as well as Breakfast and Lunch Sandwiches! ...  They open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursdays.  I recently enjoyed a Smoked Turkey Sandwich while I studied for a test in between classes and it was awesome!
There is another great thing that "Common Grounds" does for Calhoun Students... They support their Student's Art work... you may notice in some of these pictures there is "Art" hanging in the background...  Some of that "Art" just so happens to be mine ... ! :) ... After my Photography Exhibit was complete in September I was asked by Ms. Beddow the librarian if I would be interested in hanging some of my photographs in the Cafe!  I was honored to do so.  They will be hanging there until the end of December.  It has been such a privilege for me to be able to continue to show my Gallery in the "Common Grounds Cafe" and I thank them for allowing me to do that!  In turn, I asked for their permission to highlight them on my "Blog"!  I was also recently honored with an article in "Calhoun Community College Library" , blog where they shared some very kind words about me and my photography journey.  Thank you again Ms. Beddow for your support and encouragement and thanks again Helen & your staff for letting me slip in and play for the day and do what I LOVE to do with my camera!  You guys were GREAT!  I loved watching you work!  :) ... and I loved the smell of that Coffee!!

Stopping moments in time... on "Common Grounds" ... Make sure that you take time out for a cup too!
Tina :) ...
http://www.tinawrightphotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States