Tuesday, October 12, 2010

~Working at Tate Farms in a Whole New Way!~

During the month of October, if you have never travelled slightly farther North of Huntsville to Meridianville, and ventured your way "off the beaten path", and visited Tate Farms then you, my friends have been missing a yearly treat! And... it's not too late to get in on the fun this October! ... Not only can you take a wagon ride out to pick your own pumpkin straight off the vine, but there is a full day's worth of  fun activities to keep you and your children busy for hours!  Refreshments are also available at the Barn Cafe when you get ready for a break, with plenty of picnic tables to have a seat on and enjoy your "snack" or "meal"!  Hay maze... Cotton Jump...Animals...Play Ground...CORN CRIB! (better than the balls at Chuck-E-Cheese! parents can get in the these too!) ...  Country Store...Barn Cafe... Cotton Candy...Funnel Cakes... Corn Train Ride... and More! ... :) ... Just click the "link" for all of their information as well as their hours of operation! ...




For me, Tate Farms is only about five minutes from my house and I have the privilege of watching their cotton grow yearly from my back yard!  I also have the privilege of knowing this family personally, I attend church with many of them, love them, and consider them dear friends, just like family to me!  When my family moved to Huntsville in 1998 I was invited to work with them, but wasn't able to do that until the next year when my youngest, now 17, started Kindergarten.  I began working with them in 1999 and continued to work with them basically every season until I went back to school in 2008!  (and even that first year, I worked part time... I LOVE TATE FARMS and have always LOVED working there, even if I could just work on Saturdays! It was always such a treat!)  

My new Tate Farm Story begins here ...  recently I had the awesome opportunity to do my first ever official "Portrait Session" at the farm!   Now mind you, I have TONS of pictures that I have taken over the years, but as a professional photographer this was my first.  I was so excited to get to spend time with this sweet family and we had so much fun! It was a unique family portrait session, and I knew that there would be challenges.  The farm is open to the public and it is busy and active, so one of the challenges is "dodging other guests".  All in all, I was pleased with our afternoon ... Tate Farms is gracious and open to allow photography to take place on their facility, and they encourage it!  They have such a beautiful farm, and over the years I have thanked the family time & time again for sharing it with me! ...


The Kissel's & I played... took a wagon ride... and also found some spots to take some more traditional family photos as well.  At the farm you have a variety of choices for fall pictures.  However, sometimes I think some of the best ones are sometimes the candids...  


Thanks again Tate Farms for such a wonderful afternoon!  I can't wait to take my next clients there for their "unique family portrait session" ...

Stopping moments in time,
Tina :)
http://www.tinawrightphotography.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Huntsville, Alabama, United States